One of the rules to starting a successful business is identifying challenges and everyday problems encountered by the people, or communities around you.
To start a business that you can grow to become successful and profitable, the Laundry and Dry Cleaning business can be a good option. But before you consider starting a dry cleaning business you have to put into some factors into considerations
1) Location: Area of coverage matters a lot. Starting a dry cleaning business in a poor neighbourhood where 90% of the population prefer to do their laundry themselves due to lack of funds may be climbing a steep hill and success will be far tougher to achieve. There is a better chance at success if you identify an area, neighbourhood or even a residential estate where the standard of living is average and above average. You can then be sure that if you do the right things you will achieve relative success.
2) Competition: Dry cleaning and Laundry services may be lucrative but not when you are entering into a ground already occupied by several laundry services. You will have to do extra creative and ingenious work to turn your business into a success. So before you launch into any town or area do your business diligence and find out the level of competition if any.
3) Finance: The amount of capital at your disposal will determine things like if you start with two staff or only yourself, if you introduce mechanised laundry or make do with the manual process of laundry. Depending on the area you are and the level of competition available these things may matter.
4) Power: If you have a stable power supply, this will reduce the amount of money to be spent running generators and this will also improve efficiency in terms of time and energy used.
5) Clients/Customers: Getting customers and then satisfying and surpassing their expectations is key to succeeding in this business. There is one sure way to get a handful of first time customers if you are starting out new. Get as many people as possible to send in a specific number of laundry each (maybe maximum of five per person) FREE. Work as hard as you can and deliver to them. You will have automatically made them customers.